Friday, February 23, 2007

spool it...spark it...smoke it... ;)

It was a revelation, it was a separation
It’s apprehension, I guess I’ll make my way somehow
It’s messed up, I guess you always liked it that way…

Spool it, spark it, smoke it

An anonymous stray joint
A comforting column of smoke
Abandoned by passion, embraced by chaos
We kissed and rolled our cannonballs
I remember when I first walked through the door…
You were apologetic, you turned up the volume… it was oasis
I smiled, you dwelled in your cocoon
You were more human then, than now…

Spool it, spark it, smoke it

Another drag, a cloud of smoke
Yet another, and a cornucopia of stars
Bitten by bliss, nursed by anguish
We both sought, we both let it slip.
The Jews, they wore their scars on their arms
You wore your scar on me.
Sometimes Welsh, sometimes Kubrick, sometimes Jude
There was always more to explore.
You were more familiar then, then now…

Spool it, spark it, smoke it

At the edge, me and the spool
We’re both spent, we’re both wasted
The final cascade of smoke, a final plunge
You and I, we both flew over the cuckoo’s nest.
We had our moments, we discovered our madness
Deception of obscurity,
Was it about the smoke and mirrors
Was it just another beautiful detour?
Another amorous form of smoke arose,
You and I, we created a space
A space for recluses, a moment to reflect
The smoke shields my shadow
I walked into your shadow
You eclipsed my pride.
Optimally spent, from ivory to ebony
The joint lay somber between the nervous fingers.
Who’s more wasted, you or i?
The last time we said that
We laughed until we cried like raccoons
You were more real then…

Spool another, spark another, smoke another…

I seal my eyes, I touch the ground, I feel the sun, I cry and smile
Spooling, sparking, Bobbing, Spinning…
You were so real then to me
You’re just a distant perception to me now…

Us WAS Gloom
Us IS Gone

Spool it, spark it, smoke it

I don’t want to leave my fingerprints
I don’t want your impressions.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brilliant stuff. Love the references to other works.

March 13, 2007 11:35 PM  
Blogger stoned survival said...

WWHOA! thts SOME amazin description there!!
really...an awesome entry!!got yer blog add off orkut...
siddharth

April 04, 2007 4:35 AM  
Blogger NEHA DUTTA said...

Thanks siddharth :) btw is that Siddharth Mudaliar?

April 04, 2007 11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home