Monday, February 04, 2008

an open ended chapter...

Closing a chapter of your life is never easy … there is just so much of yourself in there and to move on is nothing short of voluntarily chopping off a limb ..only the pain is more surreal…it’s a bittersweet piquancy.

I don’t know if it’s the uncertainty that makes my tummy churn or is the process of scribbling a mental end note to something beautiful.

You created a chapter, but you made a choice,
You chose uncertainty, but the stability was peaceful,
You chose to let go, but hanging in there was gratifying,
You chose to care, but being cared for was beautiful,
You chose to deny the tears, but all the moments brought in the smiles
You chose to suffer, but others suffered too…

Creating chapters has it’s significant moments. Moments which stay with you. Moments that made you stronger. Chapters don’t have to be ended, people put an end to them. You and me seal them.

I don’t want to seal it. I want to take it with me. In my solitary time with myself, take a peak into the significant moments and taste the bittersweet flavour and smile. Make my treasure of concrete moments and broken promises.

Someone told me once “Fear is a terrible thing, it leaves room for regret.” But like love…fear is overwhelming too. You make peace with it on your own terms.

And I chose to not end but leave my chapter open ended, to be treasured.. on my own terms.

dedicated to:
“you might have your reasons
but you will never have my rhyme”

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

love the way you write!

sriya

February 28, 2008 10:08 AM  
Blogger mundane said...

beautifully written...could just connect so well to it...

March 17, 2008 1:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Home Theater, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://home-theater-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

March 22, 2008 6:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home